Joanne and Darren Brydon are the proud owners of Moor-view Kennels and Cattery, located in Bewerley, North Yorkshire. Not long after starting their business, it became evident there was a huge need for a local rescue centre, and so Moorview Rescue was born. The rescue is run by trustees Joanne Brydon, Darren Brydon, Carol Pennock, Alex Jane Russell MRCVS, and Michael Richard Rooze LLB.
- Since establishing the rescue centre in 2009, Moorview have re-homed close to 1,000 dogs in the UK.
- Most Moorview dogs have come from the pound which is where lost and abandoned dogs end up. These dogs would have been put to sleep within 7 days, if not claimed by Moorview.
- Moorview have been involved in assisting with RSPCA neglect cases, as well as dogs from illegal puppy farms and dog fighting rings.
- It's not just dogs Moorview help; they have also rescued cats, birds, chickens, goats, donkeys, and most recently a pig! (Most of these more unusual guests have become permanent residents at Moorview though!)
- Moorview Rescue is entirely run on volunteers. There are no paid workers at the rescue which means all fundraising goes directly to the dogs.
- All dogs are neutered, vaccinated, treated for worms and fleas, and microchipped before leaving the rescue.
- The cost of running the rescue is £12.00 per dog per day. That isn't including the above costs, as well as any veterinary care the dog needs.
- Moorview have a fantastic team of volunteers who arrange events of every kind every month to keep you entertained and involved in the rescue. Whether it's a Masquerade ball, a Bake Sale, or a Quiz Night, there is always something on!
Registered Charity Number 1155095